2000% Legendary Drop Rate, All About My Base, bacon, barbarian, Blizzcon 2014, Boyfriend by Terence Jay, Charm, cosplay, garrisons, Hearthstone, lull, monk, Patch 2.1.2 PTR, peppered meats, PTR community buff, season 1 ending, song of the show, Sunwoko changes, Warlords of Draenor, witch doctor
In this episode, our intrepid host returns! After much rejoicing we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Nevik rebuilt his lost monk stronger than ever, Breja has been slaying the work guardian, Lanntonio jumped back into Diablo II with the new ladder, and Jen ventures further and deeper in to seasonal play.
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/sspbook to start your trial today!
In this episode:
* We unfortunately did not receive a single email! We love to hear stories of triumph or tragedy from our listeners, so keep them coming, really!
* We received a handful of tweets from @Kherova, @grindexp, @Makoez, and our editing master @shawno. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
We posed the question on Twitter asking for your predictions on when Season 1 will end and when the PTR for Patch 2.1.2 would go live. Be sure to follow our show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* With the PTR for Patch 2.1.2 in full swing you would think that there wouldn’t be a lull in the Diablos for the hosts, but between the Garrisons of Draenor and the obscene community buff we found ourselves biding our time. That isn’t to say that we have not partaken in the PTR and did not have plenty of Diablo to discuss; with Season 2 Soon™ you could say that we are saving ourselves to go full bore when season 2 starts.
* It is with heavy hearts that we regret to inform you that we did not produce an Official Forum Thread Masterpiece theater (again) for this episode. Not to pull a guilt trip, but YOU have the power to not let this happen again! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* As mentioned, GrindEXP has closed their proverbial doors. Fret not! Dr. J Dredscythe hasn’t abandoned all of us and has decided to take his Diablo podcast, Scythe and Shield, independent and given the show a new shiny site. Dred has also picked up a familiar voice as a co-host and recruited JCMonkey to discuss all things Diablo.
* If you’re curious about some of the finer details of Season 2 Meathead Mikhail has a pair of YouTube videos detailing the ins and outs of the new legendary Gem of Ease as well as how the transition of seasonal to non-season characters happens.
* Diablo.IncGamers has put together a fantastic compilation of the best of Diablo cosplay at Blizzcon 2014. While some of the pictures are “on location” shots that happened far from the convention, all cosplayers were in attendance of the con.
* As mentioned in the show, greater rifts are receiving some significant tuning on how bonus damage scales above greater rift level 25. Just how significant? Check out this news post on Diablofans for a chart detailing the changes.
* Winter is actually happening in Northern California and for some reason Nevik was reminded of this video of someone attempting to jump into a pool. Spoiler: It’s not a good idea.
Song of the Show:
We might have gotten carried away just a little with all of the Garrisons of Draenor discussion, so much so that we actually featured the WoW parody song, All About My Base by Sharm.
OKAY, we didn’t completely dive off the deep end and properly pulled in a Diablo-themed parody for the TRUE Song of the Show. As a former Belieber, Nevik felt it only appropriate to feature Boyfriend (feat: Danna Richards) by Terence Jay for this episode. You can find more Diablo parodies from Terence Jay at his YouTube channel and more from Danna Richards on her YouTube channel.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.