apple, blizzcon 2013, blizzcon tickets, console version, cosplay, David Lines, deviantart, diablo expressions, dred, hardcore, horadric hamburger, intro contest, Julie Humphreys, multiplayer improvements, playstation 3, playstation 4, red team gaming, tomb raider, white wine, wizard, Wyatt Cheng
In this episode, we are without our dear fourth musketeer and missed him dearly. Fortunately the rest of the crew was able to overcome numerous technical difficulties and we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Jen finally played her male wizard again, Breja may or may not have lost his Apple, and Nevik recorded from inside a bottle of white, white wine!
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/sspbook to start your trial today!
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, another mountain of emails we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch comes to us from Chad, Amrik, and Torrack. Thank you for the email! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @Tigjamie, @theRealJFrench, @CkRtech, @eG_acefisher1, @Daladria, @shawno, @scanline75, @Diablo and our very own @QueenofHaiku! Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We discuss our thoughts and share our favorites from the Reddit /r/Diablo Short Story contest. To check out all of the winners head over to the Blizzard Diablo 3 blog which includes links to the direct /r/Diablo threads. (Note: This contest ran quite awhile ago and have been meaning to discuss the winners for quite some time now and we finally found the time to cover it)
* We finally know when Blizzcon 2013 tickets go on sale! Ready your F5 key on Wednesday, April 24th at 7pm pacific and Saturday, April 27th at 10am pacific.
* We discuss our thoughts on a few of the multiplayer improvements coming in patch 1.0.8 shared in the developer blog written by none other than the wizard-hater himself, Wyatt Cheng.
We’re still looking for intro submissions for our Intro Contest. Prizes haven’t been nailed down, but at the very least you could win a $20 (US) Battle.net Balance Card! Send your intros to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com. Keep them shorter than 45 seconds (30 preferably) and make sure to utilize royalty-free music or music from Diablo 3. Deadline for this contest has also not been nailed down, but we’re hoping to have a new intro in time for the anniversary of Diablo 3 going live.
Links for you to Visit:
* If you’re not familiar with David Lines’ *ahem* line of cosplay, check out his DeviantArt portfolio. Diablo cosplay is the best cosplay, or at least we think so.
* Our friend, Dred, recently sat down with Julie Humphreys at PAX East to discuss the Playstation 3 version of Diablo 3. You can find a transcript of the video interview at Dred’s site, DiabloExpressions.com.
* Tatasinke has published another edition of the New Tristram News. Check it out and subscribe to get updates on the latest!
* Blizzard recently updated their Rollback Policy after some abuse of their previous policy. We highly suggest you check out the updates and suggest that you pick up an authenticator to protect your account from being hacked if you haven’t already.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.