In this episode of the Shattered Soulstone, Shazam gives you the latest news on Diablo II and the potential remaster. Blizzard announces that they will be at Summer Games Fest, where there is speculation that they will announce the official remaster of Diablo II, due to it being the 20th anniversary. Regional testing for Diablo Immortal is also starting around the time of the convention so we are expecting big news for that as well.
Shazam goes over the PTR Patch Notes for season 21 and his week in gaming.
If you would like to see them goof off while recording the show, you can find the episode here on YouTube!
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/soulstonebooks2020 to start your trial today!
In this episode:
- Blizzard is going to Summer Games Fest
- PTR Patch Notes
- Shazam’s week in gaming
- Jen’s Lore Corner episodes can be found at Book of Jen.
- Shazam talks about other media.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode. Or, you can send an email to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com. We will read it in our next episode.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.
In this episode, Breja starts out in a solo game. Lanntonnio joined in later, bringing with him the Strength In Numbers buff. Jen was absent after being defeated by the California Pollen Boss. She’ll be back whenever the resurrection timer finally counts down.
In this episode:
* We read and respond to tweets from: @thealienationer, @ShatteredStone, @The_Breja, @guerilla_law, @jnole1973, @Slugnutty, @AcidTearz111, @Tatasinke, @DaytimeShark, @4daHorde2, @Hawgeye_ctr, @deadgreed1812, and @Walkman8
Here is the screenshot that @guerilla_law sent to the show:
Thank you to everyone who sent Tweets to the show. Send us a tweet @ShatteredStone and we will read it on the next episode!
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/soulstone2016 to start your trial today!
* QUESTION OF THE SHOW: “How could D3’s social aspect be improved? Tell us your ideas!” Tweet your answer to @ShatteredStone.
* We read and respond to an email from Funktropus. Send your comments, questions, and Diablo related stories to show@ShatteredSoulstone.com and we will share it on the show.
Links for you to Visit:
* Battle.net made a Forum post titled Diablo II 1.14a. They released a new patch for Diablo II !!!
* Turret posted a detailed list of what’s in PTR Patch 2.4.1 – 188.8.131.52353
* Community Manager Nevalistis made a post titled: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Anniversary Giveaway Now Live! They have some pretty cool prizes that somebody will win! Everybody who enters the giveaway gets 20% their next purchase of Diablo items on the Blizzard Gear Store.
* Blizzard put together a detailed post titled: Developer Insights: Legendary Gem Updates. It delves into the purpose of Legendary Gems, and points out the changes that are being made to some of them.
* Diablolii.net has an interesting post called “Patch 2.4.1 New Virtual Pets”. It has information about cosmetic items, wings, and new virtual pets that players have found in Patch 2.4.1 on the PTR.
* Tatasinke updates his New Tristram News weekly with news about Diablo III and many other Blizzard games. Shattered Soulstone was featured in the March 14, 2016, edition (which you can find in the Archives).
You’ve heard us mention that there’s going to be a Diablo II: Lord of Destruction ladder reset on May 26th, 2015. You’ve also heard us mention that many of us in the Shattered Soulstone community are going to be using this opportunity as a diversion from the Season 3 grind and revisit the game that sparked our addiction. You may have even heard us casually mention that we will be rolling hardcore characters for the new ladder. What you haven’t heard are the specific details on how we are going to coordinate our efforts to take a trip down memory lane together.
WONDER NO LONGER!
While there are no clan systems nor communities built in to Diablo II, we do have the modern advances of our Mumble server and this website to at least give folks some idea on how to play together. Obviously the BEST way to play together is to hop on Mumble, especially since we’re playing Hardcore and we highly encourage everyone to hop on…
It’s A LOT MORE FUN to be on Mumble while playing. (Mumble server details can be found in the sidebar)
Beyond that we will be concentrating our efforts on the US East servers and if you’re looking for a Shattered Soulstone game, we encourage everyone to use “SScast Game #” syntax to help identify and coordinate group play. Should we need to employ password protection to keep our games spam-bot free, we also encourage game creators to use “redredwine” as the password.
We’re not quite sure how long our interest with stay with Diablo II, but suffice to say most of us will at least clear Normal, maybe Nightmare. Doubt many of us in the community will have the wherewithal to climb to 99, but who knows!
Now, if you’re not big into reading, let’s give you the TLDR;
- May 26th, 2015 Diablo II: Lord of Destruction ladder reset
- Playing on US East servers
- Ladder Hardcore characters
- Use Mumble to coordinate
- Game naming convention: SScast Game #
- Passwords for games (if needed): redredwine
barbarian, Chinese client, crusader, demon hunter, Diablo II, Diablo III Expansion 2 speculation, French rap, Grandia II, greater rifts, Heroes of the Storm, Hightouch, increased stash space, jaetch, ladder reset, microtransactions, monk, Neinball, power creep, Reiko Zockt, Sir Boneselot, speculation, The Westmarch Workshop, witch doctor
In our 83rd episode, we brought on Neinball from the Westmarch Workshop as we were once again down a Jen. After a rocky pre-show due to some technical difficulties we get down to business and talk about what we’ve been up to: Neinball has been Demon Huntering, Nevik has been IRL’ng, Breja has been RIP’ng, and Lanntonio has been GR’ng.
On April 25th at 11:56 NST a 7.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 34 km (21 mi) east-southeast of Lamjung, Nepal. The devastation has been widespread and the death toll keeps climbing. Our thoughts are with the people of Nepal affected by the initial quake and continuing subsequent after-shocks. Numerous non-profit organizations have mobilized and arrived in Nepal, but they need your help. If you can help go to bit.ly/paypalnepalrelief which links directly to Paypal’s Nepal Earthquake Relief and Recovery Donation site. 100% of all donations will be directly sent to each respective organization with Paypal waiving all corresponding fees so that every cent donated is delivered to each non-profit organizations helping in the relief effort. Again, if you can, please help.
In this episode:
* We finally caught up with our backlog of emails in episode 82 and received a solitary voice-mail from our frequent EU contributer, Kherova. Listener participation has been absolutely amazing and is primarily why we do this show, so keep them coming! We WILL get to all the emails we receive, even if occasionally we have to push a few to the next episode. Send in your stories of RNGesus triumph to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a bunch of tweets (as you might) from @sastewart111, @scanline75, @Kherova, @TheMerlen, @GrandNagus1, @PaidtoKill5440, @Cybrwolf0, @HomeTownHero008, @Squirrelfreak83, @Kagerai_Leblue, and our own @QueenofHaiku. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Due to our lack of timeliness we carried over the question on Twitter from episode 82 asking what your gaming guilty pleasures are. Be sure to follow the show on Twitter to participate in future Questions of the Show.
* Last episode we mentioned Nobbie’s series of Diablo III Expansion #2 speculation blog posts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) but shelved the discussion until this episode. This may, or may not, have been also partially related to having fellow Diablo lore-nut Neinball on the show to join us for the discussion. What could a second expansion hold? Only time will tell.
* Increased stash space is a common request from the community at large, and it’s here … sort of. Appears that recently the ability to buy more stash tabs with premium in-game currency has gone live on the Chinese F2P Diablo III servers. We share our thoughts on this development and whether or not we would support such a feature in our region.
* What are you doing May 26th, 2015? Diablo II: Lord of Destruction will be having yet another ladder reset and most of the hosts are planning on participating; will you?
* For Diablo III’s 3rd Anniversary there’s a Cowspiracy going around. Reports of angry bipedal bovine are coming in. Have you HERD any of these rumors? Surely there must be some MOOSTEAK. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/sspbook to start your trial today!
Links for you to Visit:
* Blizzard in conjunction with Thinkgeek are holding a BREAK THE BANK giveaway where you can win one of ten Treasure Goblin money banks. They look amazing and you still have some time to enter before the May 25th deadline.
* Play Your Way Thursday is back with Sir Boneselot’s “You Can’t Run” puke doctor build. We can only imagine the level of giggling that must have come out Nevalistis’ general vicinity while putting this together.
* Friend of the show, Jaetch, recorded his wizard’s POV when him and 3 others successfully cleared a Greater Rift 70 to obtain the #1 spot on the Era 3 4 Player Leaderboards. Well done sir, well done.
* If you’re wondering how far a wizard can push things in greater rifts solo, Reiko Zockt answers your question with his GR59 clear. He’s also successfully cleared a GR60, but that video has not yet been made available.
* Heroes of the Storm is now in OPEN BETA meaning YOU, yes YOU, can finally play if you never stumbled into a beta key. If you’re jonesing for some PVP action that slightly resembles the long lost Diablo III arena PVP demoed at past Blizzcons, then Heroes might be right up your alley. While downloading the client, why not check out and listen to a few Heroes-focused podcasts out there: Into the Nexus, Stormcast, Heart of the Storm ‘Cast, Heroes PowerHour, and if those aren’t enough to satiate your Heroes podcast appetite, Realm Maintenance has a directory where you can find even more.
Song of the Show:
For the first time ever we are featuring our first foreign language song of the show. Diablo 1, 2, et 3 French Rap by Hightouch has a catchy beat and lyrics to match … though we’re not quite sure what exactly those lyrics are saying, well maybe Breja knows ^^;; You can find more from Hightouch over at Soundcloud.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.