Blizzard Watch, Crafty Spirits Witch Doctor, DatModz, dead and waiting, Diablo Christmas Song Contest, Diablo Creation Story, farming guides, Firebirds, Fresh Meat N' Greet, Holy Hoover Crusader, Kripparian, Matthew Rossi, microtransactions, Patch 2.2 First Look, Scythe and Shield, season 2, Tavern Talk, Valentine's Day, Wormwood
In our 76th episode, we may be down two hosts but Nevik and Lanntonio hold the fort down. The pair then get down to business by discussing what they’ve been up to since the beginning of Season 2: Lanntonio has been spreading his special kind of plague with a Wormwood, and Nevik has been warming up to the wizard’s Firebird set playstyle!
Check out Audible for your FREE, no obligation 30 day trial including a free 1 credit book. Go to bit.ly/sspbook to start your trial today!
In this episode:
* We received a single, solitary email from listener Adam! We love to hear stories of triumph or tragedy from our listeners, so send in yours to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a metric ton of tweets from @jay_likes_bacon, @eG_acefisher1, @NeinballGamer, @JCMonkeyD3, @shawno, @Medros, @Kagerai_Leblue, @scytheandshield, @josukeshair, @sastewart111, @Kherova, @EvilPlanetCrew, @_AussieGamer, @Rilandune, @scanline75, @Daddy_Puffin, and @celtherapy. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Season Two has begun! Were you there waiting for the season to open up? That Friday night our in-game clan had an impressive turn-out and our 4th Musketeer, Lanntonio, even held an impromptu and unofficial Dead and Waiting. We would love to hear all about what you’ve been up to since season two started. So send us an email and tell us what amazing loot you’ve had drop!
* Hot on the heels of season two starting up Blizzard decided to tease us with a First Look of Patch 2.2, coming Soon™ to the PTR. Could this mean that season two will definitely be shorter than season one? Only time will tell, but let us know what has you most excited about the next content patch.
* We have long wondered how the Diablo team would monetize the game to supplement development and have theorized that we might see microtransactions come to the game. They are, but not for the EU/NA regions. We share our opinions on these developments and they might surprise you a bit!
* Our amazing audio editor Shawno found himself in the mood to create a saccharin-sweet Valentine dedicated to his wife and our very own Queen of Haiku Jen.
* DiabloFans.com has been highlighting numerous fan-art renditions of our beloved Diablo villians that were submitted for a Brainstorm (Facebook group) challenge. Be sure to check out Tommy Scott’s Mecha-Diablo 2.0, Mark Cheng’s Mecha Diablo, Eddie Mendoza’s Steam-punk Mecha Azmodan, Adam Ryoma Tazi’s Brute-Diablo.
* It is with heavy hearts that we regret to inform you that we did not produce an Official Forum Thread Masterpiece theater (again) for this episode. Not to pull a guilt trip, but YOU have the power to not let this happen again! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* Our good friends Dred and JCMonkey decided to hold a Season One Round Table. Our very own Nevik was invited to participate along side other community notables. Be sure to check out Scythe and Shield ep18 – Tastes Like Chicken (Season One Round Table).
* In case you were stuck at work and were unable to watch the Season Two Tavern Talk live you can now watch the video on demand. If you’re wondering if there was any ground-shattering news, there wasn’t but that does not mean that interesting insights were not shared.
* Popular Diablo Twitch broadcaster DatModz has a handful of useful guides for season two. Be sure to check out his guides for 40 Billion XP/Hour Farming, Fastest Arcane Dust Farming, Fatest Reusable Parts Farming guides.
* From the ashes of Wow Insider the Blizzard Watch has been born, complete with an expanded scope covering all of the Blizzard titles, including our beloved Diablo III. Matthew Rossi (you may remember that we’ve linked to some of his Diablo lore blog posts in the past) recently wrote a Know Your Lore article covering the Creation of the Diablo universe.
* If you’re more into wearing heavy armor and wield a huge shield, Leviathan’s Holy Hoover may be a fun Crusader build to try out in season two.
* With the last Fresh Meat N’ Greet, community manager Grimiku included an archive of all previous installments of the on-going forum series.
* Kripparian is back with another State of Diablo III covering his thoughts and insights on season two, monks, and the Hardcore playstyle.
* Kotaku recently reported on the first Hardcore player to ding Paragon 1000, an impressive feat! Ukranian player Nokieka eclipsed the 1000 mark shortly after the conclusion of season one.
Song of the Show:
Unfortunately Nevik has been devoting almost every waking moment to grinding away in Season Two and forgot to find something to treat your ears to. Fret not! Our next episode will almost assuredly have a musical selection at the end of the show. Until then, enjoy some Red, Red Wine.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.